Key Features of the HCSCC
The HCSCC helps providers and consumers resolve complaints about health services and community services. Its key features include:
- Being independent, impartial and confidential;
- Providing advice, support and assistance to both complainants and providers;
- Resolving complaints informally;
- Encouraging open discussion with all parties;
- Being an alternative to legal proceedings; and
- Protecting everyone involved in the complaint from reprisal, threats or intimidation.
Everyone is treated equally and provided with procedural fairness.